Thursday, April 28, 2011

Internet challenges

I have been having some difficulty connecting with the fellow than owns the place I have been trying to rent in Kingston on Thames. It seems he is out of the country and in an area where internet access is difficult. I have tried three times to connect with him to rent his apartment, but it just doesn't seem to be working out.
I have selected a different one, this time in Brixton (despite its slightly unsavoury reputation). The woman I corresponded with has answered quickly each time, it is slightly cheaper, and close to where we want to visit.
Airbnb staff have been very cooperative and helpful.  I should hear back from Fiori in Brixton shortly.
The amazing thing about the internet is the amount of info available for a trip such as this.  I can even check which trains/buses to catch to get to Brixton from Heathrow and see how long it takes online. It will make getting to the apartment much easier than if we had to figure that all out after flying for 24 hours. We won't exactly be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed!
The digital plot thickens!

No comments:

Post a Comment